Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Flower & Vegetable Gardens

FALL THYME - Come see annie  (JudyReynolds) 
 

Sweet annie that is!!!! =0). I wanted to show you all some pics of my sweet annie that grows in my backyard. This years crop is really short compared to years before. I have grown it every bit of 15-18' tall. I think the cooler weather at the beginning of the summer had a lot to do with it. I have found over the years that it loves the hot hot weather! The one in the pot on my deck I am going to try and bring in the house to see if I can winter it over. I'm thinking not becasue once it forms the seeds it is ready to pick. I have a really close up shot to try and show you the seeds that are froming. They need to get bigger and a just a little yeloow looking beofre it is harvested. I have been growing sweet annie for many many years. The 1st plant I bought was in a small 3" pot and now grows every where in our yard! We transplanted alot of it this year. You will see our dog Zaya in one of the pics. She is such a good dog and turned 11 yrs old this August. 
Many Blessings~Judy PS The vine in the post is a sweet potato I plantd. I can't wait to harvest it to see how many sweet tators grew!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!